Finding Lost People

Last night, I went on Ancestry.com.  I’m in love! 

I am trying to see how far back I can get my family tree.  I’m sure eventually The Princess is going to need this information. Although, I’m sure I needed it well before 5th grade!

 

I do have ONE person I can’t seem to match up on there though.  I can’t figure out if they are alive or dead.  I’ve never met them, but because of their relationship to me (which will remain unknown) I have access to some of their records (i.e. marriage certificate, draft card, social security number). 

 

With the information I have, is there anywhere to look (for free) to find out if someone is dead or alive?  HELP!

 

On a different note, or at least person, I found my Great-Grandfather’s draft card online!  It was amazing!  He has been dead since 1988.  I haven’t seen his handwriting since then!  But, as soon as I saw it, I knew it was his writing! 

 

Yes, I cried!  Smile Sad smile I miss him!  (He died on May 12, 1988! My dad’s birthday!)

 

I guess I am just going to keep up my search for the lost people!

Comments

Phyllis said…
I think the library in Salisbury has a lot of records and historical stuff that might be useful.

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

I Keep Losing Days

Saving Money