It's Really Not Me!



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

This week I have not been a little lazy and even mischievious. Nope! Not me!

Last Monday when it snowed here, it wasn't me who convinced the family to walk the quarter-mile to my mom's house in the snow! Nope! I didn't do it! Then...at mom's house, I didn't convince my parents to load us into their Dodge truck and drive us back home because I was tired and didn't really want to chance that there were dogs out that had been sleeping during the first trip! NOT ME!!!

Tuesday, when school was cancelled, it was not me who moved the laptop from upstairs to downstairs just so I could watch TV while I surfed the net! NOT ME! That same day, when Girl Scouts were supposed to meet, it wasn't me that sent out an email to all the parents to let them know that the meeting was cancelled. NOPE! NOT ME! It also wasn't me who didn't plan something for the girls to do at the meeting (since I'm the leader) and decided to cancel so I didn't have to plan....nope, I'd never do that!

Wednesday, it wasn't me who was frantically trying to finish reading a book of Edgar Allan Poe stories for Adolescent Lit. class when class was starting. Of course, I'd never be the one who didn't finish the last story, but my group was assigned that story to talk about in class. And...and I was not the one who decided to take up class time to read it aloud to the people in my group. Since I wasn't the only one who wasn't ready!

Friday, I didn't spastically try to find a 2nd cookie booth for Sunday afternoon. I didn't try to make sure that we could get rid of all the GS cookies. (That unfortunately we still have some of that we have to pay for now!) I didn't plan a booth in the middle of the day for Sunday afternoon. Of course I didn't plan for a place that has NO shade for the girls to stand under.

Since I didn't plan for that place with no shade at all, it wasn't me who took my very pastey-pale ("see through") child out in the sun on an 84 degree day to stand for 2 1/2 hours in no shade! Nope! That really wasn't me! I would never let my child get her FIRST sunburn because I didn't have time to get sunscreen before we had to go sell cookies!

Lastly, it's not me who is sitting here feeling guilty because my pastey-pale, see-through 5 year old is now sunburned because of my stupidity! Nope....not me!

Until next time........

Comments

ohhollyf said…
GS cookies and sunburn not all bad !
Wayne said…
great not me's I sit infront of the tv with mty laptop so I can watch tv while I surf too

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

My Strange Collection--But Not Strange to Me!

Saving Money