What Should I Do?

I have been taking classes at UNCC since August. Last semester, I don't know if it was the adreneline or what, but I kept up with my assignments really well. I don't know if maybe I just liked those classes more or what. However...this semester, I'm having issues keeping up. I have two classes (right now) instead of the 4 last semester. Also, I have an 8 week class that starts March 18th! It's an English class, so I shouldn't have a problem with it.

Acutally, my English class that I have right now, I'm not having problems in. It's my Education class. I guess I just don't see how serving in a soup kitchen or shopping in an Ethnic store is going to make me a better teacher..... Unfortunately, I have to do that Cultural Plunge (that I haven't planned for yet) and write a 3 page paper about it before Monday! For that same class, I also have to work on getting some observations set up in a high school. I have to interview some of the people who work at that school. I have to read about 100 pages (before Monday) so I can comment on it. The observations are due next month, but I still have to get them planned and get them done!

I'm almost to the point where I want to just drop this class and take it either next semester or this summer. The only problem is that HOPEFULLY I'll be working full time in the Fall. If so, I only want to have ONE class. AND...the summer class is actually ON campus. Right now it's all online!

I don't know what to do. If I could have suggestions I would love them!

Until next time........

Comments

I think the "cultural plunge" you need to do for your class exposes you to this setting and "humanizes" you more to the people that have to go to the soup kitchen for food and there are kids in schools that do not have a their "three" meals a day and their families might need to access a soup kitchen. The Ethnic store probably exposes you to diversity and another culture and in a school environment, you have kids from all cultures and you have to learn to deal with that too.

I would not drop the class at all. You would only be prolonging the process. Stick to it and it will soon be over. I would concentrate on what the priority of the assignments that are due now and then work on the others that are due later. Good luck!
Lynne said…
I commend you for working so hard. I gave up my one class because of losing both my grandmother and MIL. I was behind and just could not get caught up. I agree with AVR, try and stick it out and finish it. I am living proof of how the agony is prolonged, lol!

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Strange Collection--But Not Strange to Me!