Baseball Tournament

Wow! I know I have said it before, but 5-6 year old baseball is stressful! I'm going to have heart failure if they keep playing like this!

Monday night, we played a team that we had met twice in regular season. We won once; we lost once! We were hoping to avoid them for a while in the tournament! Anyways.... after Friday night's loss to the Braves (10-9)....we had to play Saturday morning. We won! It went into a single overtime, but we won. Friday night's game went into overtime also!

So then we had to play Monday night. OMG!!!!! We played the White Sox--this was going to be the tie breaker for our two teams! Because there is an hour time limit, we usually play 2 innings. Fine.... we can do that! BUT....Monday night, we were tied at the end of the 2nd. So we played our next 4 batters and they played their next 4 batters.... at the beginning of OT, the score was 7-7. At the end of those 8 batters (our 4 and their 4) the score was 9-9.

Now.... OT #2. We scored ONE run! OMG! They had matched us every inning so we were a little worried. However....we held them and they did NOT score anything! We eliminated them from the tournament because that was their 2nd loss. We move on to play Thursday night at 6:30pm.

So what did we do last night??? We decided to have a practice (that none of the other teams scheduled....lol)!!! Our kids were great! Then.... after practice, we decided to go watch the end of last night's game between Lil' Lightning and the Rangers. We play the winner tomorrow night. Lil' Lightning won! Now there are only 4 teams left in the tournament.... I think. Everyone has a lost ONE game....EXCEPT the Braves! If we win tomorrow night, we play Friday night. If we win Friday night, we play Saturday morning!

I just hope our kids can beat Lil' Lightning again! I'd love for them to get a second chance at the Braves (maybe in the Championship)!

For now....we are just worrying about tomorrow night!






Until next time........

Comments

Lynne said…
Congrats on the ball playing! I love watching live games, especially children. What I don't care for are parents act up at kid's games.
Unknown said…
Sounds fun! I kind of miss my girls playing ball. It tore me up that neither of them wanted to play this year. Well only kind of, honestly, I am kind of liking my time at home, lol.
3 Bay B Chicks said…
Wow! You're right. It does sound incredibly stressful...at least getting through your post was that way for me. :)

Ah, the highs and lows of T-Ball. I remember them well from the days when my little brother played. I am just wondering if I will be able to survive them with my own son.

-Francesca

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

I Keep Losing Days