Catching up is Hard to Do...

The past couple of days have been hard. Monday we had the viewing for my Aunt JoAnn. Yesterday we had the funeral. He son (my cousin), Scott, spoke of his mother during the funeral. He told stories that she used to laugh about all the time.

Like the time that she was headed to work and decided to drive through the car wash. When she got into the car wash, the water started spraying in her face through her open windows. She couldn't see to get the windows up so the car, inside and out, got a good wash....and she showed up for work a little water logged.

Another story he told was about when she was going to the doctor's office one day. She and another of her son's Boyd parked in front of the wrong office. She decided they could walk to where they were really supposed to be. Between the two offices was a ravine and she slid in the mud in the ravine. Without even having to ask anyone, the staff got her a gown to put on and took her clothes and washed them for her so she would have them to wear home. (We are figuring it was a time that she was in for Chemo or Radiation or something that would take a while!)

I had to sing...I didn't let myself cry. Then when we got to the gravesite, I finally let myself cry!

It really was a beautiful service.

Now... today.... I am playing catch-up! I am going to an all-day SIT (School Improvement Team) meeting at Chasity's school. Then I am heading back here to work on getting my stuff together for our Beach Trip! AND... I have to finish getting everything together for Girl Scout Day Camp! (It starts the day AFTER we come home from the beach!)


So.... catching up is hard to do, but.... I think I can do it!


Until next time........

Comments

Lynne said…
Leslie, so sorry to hear of your loss. Your aunt sounds like a kindred spirit. I have stuff like that happen to me all the time, lol. I don't know if I should admit to it, lol. Anyway, I hope you have a blessed day!

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Strange Collection--But Not Strange to Me!