Ponderings

Have you ever wondered how God does it all? Seriously there are BILLIONS of people and HE takes care of all of us. It doesn't matter if you believe in Him or not, He's still in control.

Anyways, He's been working overtime for our family recently!! All praise goes to Him!

First, Tony went in a couple weeks ago for an Upper GI something or other. (I was so scared when I heard the doc say that he might have intestinal cancer that I forgot to listen to what kind of test he was going to do on Tony.) Anyways, Tony went in for the test. They put him to sleep. The test was on a Tuesday. Well on Sunday before, we had laid hands on Tony and prayed that the doctor wouldn't find anything wrong with him. So....

When the doctor came out to talk to us (me and the Pastor) while Tony was still in "recovery" and waking up, the doc said..."I didn't find any. I did a biopsy just to be sure, but I don't expect that anything will be wrong with that. I have no idea why he's having he issues he's having. He had all the symptoms of Intestinal Cancer." He said some other stuff, but I was too busy crying to hear it! lol :)

Anyways... since then, Tony's rash (what the docs were calling psoriasis) has started to clear up. That was another sign of intestinal cancer. Can you say Praise the Lord for total healing? I can! :)

So after we finished worrying about Tony's innerds (that's a southern word...lol), we went back to worrying about how to get Chasity to and from school when I start my Clinical Observations and do my Student Teaching. Last year it was easy because I knew the people at the school and they really worked with my schedule. But....this year, I MUST MUST MUST go to TWO new/different locations (it's a State Law for getting my teaching license)! So, I won't know until this Friday where I will be going.

Since all the high schools in this area have a very similar daily schedule to Chasity's elementary school, I really didn't know how we were going to work it out. I had been calling places to get prices, but the cheapest place we found just for before/after school care was $225/month! That's CRAZY!

Honestly, that would totally be enough for a used car payment. So if we had that just laying around every month, don't ya think we'd have TWO cars and not just depend on the ONE car? We are so busy we really NEED two, but GOD will give us that in due time! :)

Anyways....

So my sister called me last week to tell me that she is thinking about changing jobs. Actually, she said that she had asked at work if they could let her finagle her hours around so she could help us out with Chasity's transportation. She was informed that they were going to be changing her hours AGAIN. So, she went to talk to the lady she used to work for at a different day care. It's a 5 star facility with swimming and everything! :)

Well, Lisa decided that she is going to change jobs. This means that Lisa is going to be taking Chasity to and from school for us. WOW! God works in wonderful ways! I never would have thought about my sister being my child's "taxi service". Yes! I had asked my sister to help, but I thought she was just going to take her in the mornings. Then God fixed it all for us! :)

Isn't He wonderful!?

So...that's what God's been doing in our lives recently! What's he been doing in yours?


Until next time........

Comments

Unknown said…
Praise the Lord! That is all so exciting! The youth at my church often say: God is good, all the time & all the time God si good! I'd say they were on to something.

As far as what God has been doing for us... I don't even know where to start. He has put money in pocket over the last few weeks a few times (when I literally didn;t know how my kids would eat lunch)and if that wasn't enough, i have been doing the 'when Godly ppl do ungodly things' buble study and have been getting all kinds of insight...He really is AWESOME!
Joann said…
I LOVE this post, Leslie!! It's such a great testimony to what an AWESOME God we serve!! He is really shining through for you, and I'm so glad to see you gladly giving Him the glory!!

This is AWESOME news!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

New Year's Survey