New Year's Survey

I originally saw this on my friend Phyllis's blog. She originally saw it on our friend Susie's blog. I thought I should actually try it. It looked like fun! :)

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
I let Chasity stay with someone other than a family member.

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for 2010?
The one I am MOST disappointed that I did not keep was to read the Bible all the way through. However, I have a plan to do that THIS year (2010)!!!

I DID however lose weight. That's something I say I'm going to do every year. BUT... in 2009, I lost a little over 60 lbs. I have managed to keep MOST of it off too! So, I will continue to lose weight in 2010. Somehow, I plan to hit that 100 lbs. lost mark!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes....Tony's neice, Amber, had Lenna-Grace.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes...my Aunt JoAnn died in July. Just before Christmas, a close family friend passed away.

5. What countries did you visit?
Does DREAMLAND count? If not...none!

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A full-time job teaching high school English.

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory...and why?
October 8th--the day my dad had his wreck.
October 14th-15th--The night my mom called 911 to get my dad to the hospital. The morning of his emergency surgery to have his spleen removed!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I kept my 4.0 for Graduate School work.
I stepped up to work for the Lord when my dad needed my help the most.

9. What was your biggest failure?
My attitude....sometimes I still need an adjustment.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Illness...no. However I did hurt my ankle at the end of last school year.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Chasity her own Bible!! It's pink and purple. It's KJV! She loves it. She got it for Christmas and took it to just for the first time this past Sunday!

My new laptop! :) I LOVE IT!

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Chasity...she has started to listen so much better now! She's growing up TOO fast for me!

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The American people when they voted the wrong person into office! (I have a right to MY OPINION!)
Me....because I still need an attitude adjustment from time to time.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Since I don't work, I have NO money! So...all my school money was used for a new laptop (I LOVE IT!), books, and clothes for school/teaching.

15. What did you really, really, really get excited about?
Tony's neice, Amber, moving down here to Concord to teach!

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
I don't really know!

17. Compared to last year, are you...
...happier/sadder? happier
...thinner/fatter? a LITTLE thinner
...richer/poorer? moneywise...poorer, but always richer with God!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spent more time with the family

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Honestly....school work.....however, if I want to pass, I have to do it!

20. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
The same way I have spent most of them since I was about 9 years old.... AT CHURCH. We play games and goof off until right before midnight. Then we pray the OLD YEAR out and the NEW YEAR in!

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I don't fall in love easily....so no....not really.

22. How many one-night stands?
NONE...EVER!

23. What was your favorite TV program?
24 and CSI (all 3 of them)

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't really HATE people.....so... nope.

25. What was the best book you read?
That's hard! I love Lyddie, I am the Cheese, and I am One of You Forever. I read them all in my Adolescent Lit class. I loved them.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
iTunes! I got an MP3 for Mother's Day! I still need to LOAD it though! Shhhh....don't tell the hubby!

27. What did you want AND get?
An MP3 player

28. What did you want and NOT get?
A second car..... and a JOB!

29. What was your favorite film of the year?
I couldn't even tell you! I watch so much of the same stuff over and over that I don't know what's new and what's old any more. However..... the ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS SQUEAKQUEL was AWESOME!

30. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
Had dinner with my entire family..... I turned 31.

31. What ONE thing would have made your year immensely more satisfying?
Having a job so I could help Tony shoulder the financial burden of the family.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
boring

33. What kept you sane?
I can't answer that.... I don't think I am....not completely anyways.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Sarah Palin

35. What political issues stirred you the most?
Healthcare and School Board Issues

36. Whom did you miss?
Friends and family who have moved away.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Adrianna Sykes....she helped me through Girl Scout camp....and she's a great friend.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson that you learned in 2009.
Life really is short. I can't control everything, and I need to remember that. I have to ask for help and sometimes that makes me vulnerable. It's ok. Just do what I can and get others to help me complete what I can't.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I can't find the words to pray. I'm a little down today. Can you help me? Can you hold me? I feel a million miles away and I don't know what to say. Can you hear me, anyway? What I need is for you to reach out your hand. You have taught me, no matter what You'd understand. Lord, move in a way that I've never seen before. There's a mountain in the way and a lock on the door. I'm drifting away. Waves are crashing on the shore. Lord, move.....or move me."
"Lord Move...or Move Me" (by FFH)

There were many times I was simply in that place this year. I didn't know what to pray. I just cried. My tears hit the pillow, the couch, the bed, and the alter so many times this year. Through my tears and my pain, God knew what I was saying and reached down to take care of it all!


I hope that you all have a great New Year! 2009 is almost over. 2010 is almost here! It's NOT too late to make a difference for someone in 2009!

Until next time........

Comments

Joann said…
I think I'm going to try to do mine, too!! It may take awhile, though... LOL!!
Joann said…
K, Leslie, I'm posting mine, and linking yours!! = )

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Strange Collection--But Not Strange to Me!