Back....for Today at Least

So, I'm sure you've noticed that I haven't been around for awhile. Ok...maybe you haven't noticed. :)

Ever since my student teaching began on January 11th, I have not had time to think or do much that was not connected to it. However, today is Sunday, and church has been cancelled due to the snow/ice that are still on the ground from Friday night's storm. Actually, it snowed/iced most of the day yesterday too. So, we have several inches on the ground this time! It's exciting.

Considering that I do not (in the foreseeable future--you know--today) see the NCDOT or the Concord DOT getting all the roads clear, I think we will probably have a snow day tomorrow from school. If the roads are just a LITTLE better on Tuesday, we will probably have a delay. However, if the weather stays in the 10s and 20s as predicted, we very well may have a snow day on Tuesday too. :)

I am supposed to pick up my first class tomorrow (Monday) to start teaching. I have only been observing for the past week. So, I have my lesson plans all ready and I have all my stuff ready to go. I'm excited about it. I'm nervous about it. But, the teacher I'm working with said that I should be 75-80% ready and 20-25% nerves. That way it will keep me on my toes and I won't think I can't mess up!! :) I like that philosophy! I think I can live with the 75/25 or 80/20 perspective.

I was supposed to have a Creative Memories party on Friday night, but that was cancelled because it started snowing at 4pm instead of 9pm. lol The Girl Scout Troop was supposed to have had a Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser on Saturday evening, but we had to cancel it (on Friday) because of the weather. I have NO IDEA when I'll get to have either of those rescheduled. From this weekend (2/5) until the middle of March (3/13), I have something with Girl Scouts every weekend. A couple of them are sleepovers from Fri-Sat. So, I'm trying to fit things into my calendar.

Right now, I'm asking that everyone just keep Chasity and her school situation in your prayers. We are having an issue with her teachers, and without saying much, I'm trying to stay calm. I am trying to see this as a parent and as a teacher. I WANT to be the parent that I want to deal with as a teacher. However, if things keep going the way they are, I'm going to become the parent that NO teacher wants to deal with. (Does that make sense? lol) Anyways...just keep her in your prayers. We're working on "non-confrontational" methods of me/her dad dealing with the teachers right now. I'll tell more about it when I can.

Thanks for reading my "novel" for the day! I appreciate you sticking around even though I don't post often. I'm working on it! lol I'm also working on reading Romeo and Juliet, The Crucible, and To Kill a Mockingbird. I have THREE classes with THREE different lesson plans! lol It's going to be quite interesting! Thanks for your support! :)

Until next time........

Comments

Kolfinna said…
I know how the busy goes....seems like I go non stop sometimes too.

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Strange Collection--But Not Strange to Me!