Decisions....

Over the weekend, I had to make a decision. It was a decision I never wanted to make, but I made it.

I decided that I needed to postpone the rest of my student teaching until August. I should have a new placement. I will have a new Cooperating Teaching. I will probably have a new University Supervisor.

I made this decision because I think I need to spend time with my family right now. With my Grandmother in Comfort Care, we really don't know how much longer we are going to have her with us. We are okay with the fact that she's going.... she's ready.... we know she'll be better off.... she'll be reunited with family/friends that have gone before.... she'll be well again! Even knowing all that, it's not going to be any easier when she really goes.

Knowing that we are going to lose Grandmother soon, I knew that I would be missing some time at school. I have to have 20 consecutive days of teaching full-time. Considering I had just taken over the 3rd class last week, there was no way I would have had time to start my 20 days over. :( So...

...my decision is to postpone my student teaching. No, I do not get to keep the time I have already spent. Yes, I will have to start completely over. However.... this is the right decision for me right now.

As I write this post, I am watching the news at 6:30am. I just have to put on some jeans and a shirt (and shoes, of course) to take Chasity to school. I don't have to worry about my lunch or ironing my clothes or printing lesson plans. Last night was one of the best nights of sleep I have gotten all semester! This is definitely the right decision for me...for where I am right now.

I think after spending the summer with my family, I will be ready to try again in August! :)

Until next time........

Comments

Donna1264 said…
Leslie - kudos to you for deciding what to do that's best for you. I admire your spirit and determination, it couldn't have been an easy one for you to make.

Good luck in your endeavors. Please, keep us informed.
Unknown said…
I think you will be happy you made this decision after it is all said and done. Good for you for putting your family first!

You and your family are in my prayers.
Life can really throw us curves sometimes. I know family is important, but sorry you decided to end your student teaching, tough to have to start all over. Best wishes to you and your family.

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Strange Collection--But Not Strange to Me!