House Hunting

As you know, Tony and I have been trying to find a house in a different school district. I like the school where Chasity is, but we can't afford $400 month for before-and-after school care for next year. (I know it might only be for first semester, but that's still a little more than 3 months....a little more than $1200!)

So I have been looking on Craigslist for house listings. Sunday evening, I found a listing that was awesome! The right size! The right price! The right neighborhood!

I emailed the guy about it.

He responded on Monday and said that he and his wife had had to move quickly for his job, but that they wanted to rent the house just in case the job didn't work out next year. He had to re-bid for the job every year!

OK! I'm still okay with that! I asked for the address. The man said that no one was living there and I could see in the windows. He even had some pictures of the house online. I loved the pics! I drove by the house....with my mommy, of course! :)

What did we see?

There was a car in the driveway!

What did I do?

I asked the neighbor who was just pulling into his driveway about the house. He said that someone was living there. He said they were normally home after 6pm.

What did Tony, Chasity, and I do?

We went there at 7pm. Tony went to the door. The man answered and said that the house is NOT for rent! It is a FRAUD! It is a SCAM!

When I saw the car in the driveway, I thought something was up. However, it's still heartbreaking when you know you NEED to move and you just can't find anything.

I'm just praying that God doesn't wait until the week before school starts to have us move! I know He has a sense of humor because He sends things when we'd least expect them....and in ways we'd never believe! I'd just like to be settled SOME before school starts!


Until next time........

Comments

Phyllis said…
Wow! I would have never even expected a SCAM. Good you found out that way instead of the person living there coming home from work while you were looking through the windows.

I get the whole finding a place to live. Our lease ends in early 2011 and we really want to find somewhere in a better part of Raleigh.
Hen Jen said…
oh wow, that is horrible! At least you didn't give him any money!

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Goodie Box!