Quotable Quotes

In my online class (my only class) for UNCC this semester, I am studying ways of using the Writing Workshop approach in my English classroom.  I am pretty sure it would all make a little more sense if I were in an English classroom.

 

However, my first assignment is due today.  I just got my books over the weekend and I started reading this morning.  I read Chapter 1 of The Digital Writing Workshop by Troy Hicks!  As you can tell by the title, this is about “digital” and not just normal writing. 

 

While I was reading, I underlined a few sentences.  (I am a pencil reader—thank you “Killer Miller” at Concord Middle School!)  I try to always buy books so that when I am reading I can underline, star, hi-lite, etc. things that stick out to me!  So I underlined these two quotes….with the intention of putting them on this blog! 

“Writing is, quite simply, about more than putting words on paper (or screen), but about the many ways in which language, culture, and technology interact.”   I thought that was quite awesome myself!

“…nearly all writing that we do is digital in some way; whether we got the information from the Internet that informs how we develop the plot of a story, or see a commercial that helps us think of a creative idea to reach our audience in a presentation, nearly all writing today is informed by, if not created with, digital writing tools…”  And I thought….wow!  How true is that!  I know that many things I write about are things that I have seen/heard on the TV or Internet. 

I just thought I’d share my Quotable Quotes.  Of course, I’m sure there will be plenty more as the semester moves on.  Actually, I still have a 20+ page PDF file to read about this same topic.  I might have more Quotable Quotes later today!

Comments

S.I.F. said…
Love those!!

And now, I totally wish I could go back to school! :)
hickstro said…
Thanks for checking out the book and sharing the quotes -- I look forward to hearing more about your experiences teaching digital writing!

Troy

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Goodie Box!