CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 14, 2011

A Year Ago

A year ago this past Friday, I was informed that my Grandmother only had about a week to live.

A year ago this past Saturday, I came home from my student teaching in tears and decided to take an Incomplete.

A year ago yesterday, we took Grandmother off of all her feeding tubes and machines that were keeping her alive. We only left the oxygen.

That means that a year ago this coming Saturday, my Grandmother went home to see her dad, her mom, and her Heavenly Father!

A year ago, I was not sure I wanted to be a teacher any more.

Today...I'm pretty sure I'm crazy for wanting to be a teacher, but I know I can do it.

A year ago, I had no idea how strong I could really be.

Today...I'm still not strong every day, but I know I can be when I need to!

I know that God only puts on us what we can stand. So I know that I can do whatever I have to do!

1 Comments from my friends:

Donna1264 said...

Leslie - it's hard to believe it's been a year already. And you're right. God only gives us what we can handle. You are a very strong person and you make the best of every situation you find yourself in. Take care and keep it up!