Gone With the Wind

I am Southern by birth.

Now that I am older, I am Southern by choice!

Although, I wish for White Christmases every year, the truth is, they only come about once a generation here. If I'm lucky (well...blessed) enough to live to be in my 70s or 80s, I might get to see another one before I'm gone. But, wanting White Christmases is not enough of a reason to move North.

I do like cooler weather. That isn't even a good enough reason.

So I'll stay Southern by birth and by choice! :)

Last night, my most favorite movie of all time based on my 2nd favorite book of all time came on! (My 1st favorite book is the Bible!)

I watched almost all of Gone With the Wind last night.

Now, before my friends (and readers) think I"m crazy.... NO! I do not condone slavery! (That is ONE reason I'm NOT proud of the South!!)

However, I love the characters, the rich scenery, the literary devices, and the story in that book! I fell in love with Rhett Butler when I was a Freshman in college. I have loved him ever since!

I like the book better than the movie, but I think I like the movie because it's based on the book. I watched the movie once before I read the book. I didn't care for it much then. But, after I fell in love with the people of the South in the book, I started liking the movie.

Sometimes I wish days were simpler like they were on the plantations of "Twelve Oaks" and "Tara". Endless parties. Lazy afternoons. A ball to attend on Saturday night.

Today is all about hustle and bustle. It is so draining! But, like Scarlett O'Hara, I think that being a Southern woman gives me some of my strength too!

Maybe I relate to the strength of Scarlett O'Hara. Maybe that is why I truly love that book!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

I Keep Losing Days

Saving Money