Back At It

We just got back from our vacation.  We came back on Wednesday.  However, we needed Thursday to recover!  lol  Isn’t that how it always goes?  You need a vacation to relax from a vacation?

So, here are some of the highlights.

First, we went to Boone, NC.  We stayed not far from Appalachian State University!  (I attended ASU as a college freshman!  It has changed A LOT since then!)

The hotel where we stayed was great!  There was an indoor pool, but the tub in our room was big enough to be a small one-person pool for Chasity!  She just had to get in (clothes on and NO water) so that I could get a picture of the size!  She loved it!!

 

DSCN3059

 

We were supposed to visit Tweetsie Railroad.  Chasity won tickets through her Girl Scout Cookie sales this year.  However, on July 4th, the day we planned to go, it was stormy all day.  The thunderstorms finally went away around 7pm.  The park closed at 9pm.  So we decided we would visit the mountains again to go to Tweetsie.  We are going to go back for her birthday.  Hopefully some family will go up with us!

We left Boone on Tuesday.  We drove to Cherokee.  OMG!  My next phone will have a GPS in it.  The directions I got from an online source wer HORRIBLE.  (They were so bad I’m not even listing where I got them here!)

It took us a few hours to get to Cherokee.  However, we had fun getting there!

Once we got there, I had to get online for my summer class.  It was our first class meeting.  So I sent Tony and Chasity to the swimming pool (which was right outside our door).  They were out there for about 30 minutes.  Then it started storming.  So they came in, I finished my class, and we went walking around downtown Cherokee.

There are some awesome hand-painted bears throughout town.  I only got pictures of a couple of them, but they are awesome! The next time I go up there, I will totally get more pics!!  (I need more than ONE day to do it though!!)

 

DSCN3129

DSCN3144

Are those not FABULOUS????

One of the highlights of the trip was getting Chasity’s picture with some Indians.  (Yes!  I can call them that because I have Cherokee blood in my veins!)  We watched some native dancing. Then Chasity had her picture taken.

 

DSCN3160

One little….two little….three little Indians!  lol 

 

We had a blast!  I can’t wait to do it again!

Comments

trooppetrie said…
those are pretty amazing.

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Goodie Box!