How to Raise a Selfish Child

Why would you want to raise a selfish child?  Well, that is a great question! 

 

I never wanted to raise a selfish child, but it seems as though that is how the hubs and I have raised her.  So here is where we went wrong.

1.  We loved her too much.

2. We gave her things she didn’t ask for, but we thought she would enjoy them.  (She did.)

3. We taught her that she should share even if it means that she will have less than what she really wants to have.

4. We gave her everything that she needed.

I’m not sure how we could have gone so wrong!  But, alas, we did!  With those few steps above, and a few others I’m sure, we have raised a really selfish child.

I am hoping that this selfish thing is just a phase.  If not, she may end up with black pants, white t-shirts, 1 pair of shoes, and NO toys! 

Why am I so upset with her?  That is a story for a different day.  Just know…. I have raised a selfish child.  You can too! 

 

However…. no matter how selfish she is, she is MINE!  I love her more than anything!  We are just hoping she grows out of this quickly! Smile  lol

Comments

Phyllis said…
For a minute there, I thought you were talking about Abby. I totally feel your pain and I keep praying it is a phase. Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

My Goodie Box!

Saving Money