Perks

Tony and I have owned (actually made payments on and then sold) two homes.  We actually owned ONE home and sold it.  Anyways, most of the time that we have been married, we have been renters. 

Yes, I know that renting just puts money in someone else’s pocket. 

Yes, I know that you can get tax credits for owning a house.

Yes, I know that there are a million-and-one benefits to owning a home.

 

However, there are a few perks to renting.

1. If you are renting and it’s a townhome, you don’t have to pay the homeowner’s association fees or go to the homeowner’s association meetings.  Smile  You get to leave that to the actual homeowner.

 

2. When the security alarm (etc.) people call wanting to sell you something for your home, you can say “I rent” and they hang up more quickly than you can! Smile  BONUS!

 

3. When you come home from the grocery store and your refrigerator has decided to stop working, and the stuff in your freezer has started to get soft and soggy.  All you have to do is call the land lord and he says, “I’ll have that taken care of by tomorrow.  Let me get your cell phone number so that the repair man can call you to set up a time that’s best for you.”

 

That means that we don’t have to fix the refrigerator or buy a new one if this one can’t be fixed.  We didn’t have to buy the new dishwasher either. 

 

There are many benefits to owning a home.  However, right now, I see this as a huge perk to renting! Smile

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Strange Collection--But Not Strange to Me!