Strange Weather

Anyone who knows me knows that I L-O-V-E love cold weather.  (Although now that I'm getting older, I do get cold more!)

I have always wanted to live in the COLD!  Unfortunately, I live in NC.  There really isn't a "winter" here, most years.  We will have cold weather.  Then it warms to the 50s.  50-ish is the "average" temp here in January. 

However, this weekend, we had a "heat wave".  It was 70-ish degrees here on Saturday and Sunday.  The surrounding days (Thursday-Monday) were in the 60s.  Yesterday was supposed to be in the 60s, but I think we stayed in the 50s. 

Then, on the news last night, I hear they are calling for "flurries" on Thursday night!  Really?  Snow? 

You see, normally, when they call for "flurries" we get a lot of snow.  When they call for "X inches" we get flurries.  I don't know whether to be excited or not.  Do I make sure I stock up on bread and milk?  (We have plenty.  Just shopped over the weekend!)  Or, do I plan for my "normal" daily activities.

Just in case you are wondering, no, NC is not the only place with weird weather!  I saw that Los Angeles had snow!  Seriously, LA had snow?!  ;) 

My bloggy friend, SIF, reports that Alaska is in a "heat wave" too.  (However, I think I would love her "heat wave" compared to mine!  It's in the 40s there! :)  If you want to check out what she wrote, go here

Hopefully we can get the rain to stop here today.  I'm a little tired of the dreariness every day.  And, since the headlights on my car don't work correctly, it's a little hard to see in the dark. (That's a different story!) 

Comments

S.I.F. said…
Seriously the end of the world!

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

My Strange Collection--But Not Strange to Me!

Saving Money