Dealing with Teachers

You know how when you are something, it's harder to deal with other people who are that too?

For example, if you are an electrician, it's harder to deal with other electricians who are not as experienced.  They talk about stuff, but they don't really know what they are talking about.  You sit listening and wondering if you will ever get to just tell them to shut up?

Of, if you are a Zumba instructor (I have a few friends who are), you sometimes dread going to classes with other instructors.  What if they really don't know what they are doing?  What if the music is lame?  What if you just don't like how they do the class? 

Make sense?

My issue lately has been dealing with Chasity's teacher.  When I ask questions, I don't get actual answers.  I get answers that make me feel as though the teacher is blaming everything on my 9 year old.  I get answers, which I "love", of "I don't know" or "I can't remember."  I get answers that if I responded to the parents of my students that way, I'd get fired!

Obviously, for the sake of privacy, I'm not giving specifics on names or places here.  But, you know it's true.

Anyways, I have been dealing with answers and aggravation since the beginning of the school year. This is the reason we are trying to see if we can get Chasity into private school for the next couple of years--through Middle School.  Then she can change and go to the high school she wants to attend. (Seeing as though we just bought a house so she can go there....  I will still let her go if she wants!)

Yesterday, I had a really big encounter (via email) with the teacher.  I finally just forwarded everything to the Assistant Principal.  It was more than I could handle.  So, I let her handle it for me.  It worked out well, I think.

I have never wanted to become "that parent".  You know.... the one that the teachers and admin hate to see pull into the parking lot.  However, I have high expectations for my child's education.  I expect them to teach her.  You're a teacher so teach her!!!! 

I think that is all that I will rant about that....for now!


On a different note, I have come up with a title and opening to what I think is going to become my book.  I will have to see what happens with it.  I need to start typing it up.  That might make it more real for me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

I Keep Losing Days

Saving Money