"Where's my Phone?"

Ever had one of those days where you can't seem to find anything you are looking for?

First, let me say that I love to do riddles and brainteasers in my classes with my students.  One of the ones that I use regularly is "Why is it that everything you are looking for is in the last place you look?"  (A: "Because you stop looking when you find it.")  Haha!  It takes some of the kids a few minutes to figure that out.  I LOVE IT! :) 

Anyways, on with the story.

I love it when someone calls and asks "Where are you?".  You look at the phone (yep, take it from your ear and look at it!), and then you reply, "Where did you call me?"  :)  I do that quite often.  Most of the time, it's because I have forgotten that I called someone on their house/work phone instead of a cell phone. ;) 


The other day, however, I was in a funk.  I couldn't find anything.  My car keys were in my hand, and I was searching my pockets and purse for them.  My shoes were on my feet, but I was looking in the closet for them.  (It was one of those days where if my head hadn't been attached, I would have lost it too!)

I call my mom on the way to work every morning.  She and I talk about everything in that drive time.  I told her about my keys.  I told her about my shoes.  I parked the car at work and started getting my stuff out to go into the school. 

Still on the phone with my mom, I said, "Well, I guess I'll come look during my planning to see if I can find it."

Mom: "What did you lose?"

Me: "My cell phone."

Mom: "Hi daughter."

Me: "I need to go.  I'm at work.  This is getting aggravating!  I keep losing everything today!"

Mom:  "Ok.  Well, I'll talk to you on your phone later!"

Me: "Oh! Seriously?  I'm so stupid!"

Then she laughed at me!  Of course, I was laughing at me too.

 I just can't believe I lost my phone.... on my ear! :)

Anyone else lose things and they are really in your hand, on your head, on your feet?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Goodie Box!