CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston Marathon—Thoughts and Prayers

I guess yesterday will be one of those days where I will remember exactly where I was and what I was doing….  tragic!

 

When I heard the news about 9/11, the first person I called was my mom.

 

When I heard the news about the Boston Marathon yesterday, the first person I called was my mom. 

 

I was in the car.  The radio announcer had just said, “There were a couple of explosions at the Boston Marathon today.  Several people are injured.  More information on our website.”  That didn’t really help me while I was driving.  So I called my mom.  I was on the way home.  I had to grab something and leave again, so I didn’t have time to stop for the news at that moment.

 

Mom looked it up to see what was online.  Very sketchy details. 

 

I ran my errands I had to run.

 

Then as we sat at the middle school baseball game for my nephew, more details started coming out online.  People were watching their phones/tablets as much as they were watching the game.

 

So, my thoughts and prayers are with the people of Boston and the runners of the Boston Marathon today.   I pray that the families of those killed will find peace.  I pray that the injured recover quickly.  I pray that the person/people responsible are found and brought to justice. 

 

Dear Lord,

Keep our nation in the palm of your hand.  We need you now more than ever!

Amen

0 Comments from my friends: