Boston Marathon—Thoughts and Prayers

I guess yesterday will be one of those days where I will remember exactly where I was and what I was doing….  tragic!

 

When I heard the news about 9/11, the first person I called was my mom.

 

When I heard the news about the Boston Marathon yesterday, the first person I called was my mom. 

 

I was in the car.  The radio announcer had just said, “There were a couple of explosions at the Boston Marathon today.  Several people are injured.  More information on our website.”  That didn’t really help me while I was driving.  So I called my mom.  I was on the way home.  I had to grab something and leave again, so I didn’t have time to stop for the news at that moment.

 

Mom looked it up to see what was online.  Very sketchy details. 

 

I ran my errands I had to run.

 

Then as we sat at the middle school baseball game for my nephew, more details started coming out online.  People were watching their phones/tablets as much as they were watching the game.

 

So, my thoughts and prayers are with the people of Boston and the runners of the Boston Marathon today.   I pray that the families of those killed will find peace.  I pray that the injured recover quickly.  I pray that the person/people responsible are found and brought to justice. 

 

Dear Lord,

Keep our nation in the palm of your hand.  We need you now more than ever!

Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

I Keep Losing Days