ONE Answer Leaves a lot of Questions

Over the past few weeks, I have been in the ER a few times. I have been to more doctors' offices than I care to admit. I have seen ER and hospital doctors. I have seen doctors in the office of my primary care physician. I have also seen a neurologist.

I have been in for more tests than I ever want to take! In the hospital, I had two CT scans. I had an MRI. And, I had a lot of blood work done. The doctors (outside of the hospital) sent me for more blood work. The neurologist sent me for a 2nd MRI (this time with the contrast dye). He sent me for a 2nd CT scan (with contrast dye this time). He also sent me for a Spinal Tap/Lumbar Puncture.

The results are in. I have ONE answer. The prelim results from the Spinal Tap are fine. We are still waiting for the final results; those might be this week or early next week. The MRI and blood work all came back normal.

I went for the 2nd CT scan yesterday. They called me yesterday afternoon. I have ONE answer.

I have a small aneurism behind my eye. The neurologist is going to send me for a neuro-surgical consult to get an opinion.

When I heard that from the nurse, I couldn't focus. I started crying. I hurried off the phone. I wrote down everything I could understand.

I don't know what it's called. (The nurse told me. I just couldn't write it as she was explaining that it was a small aneurism.)

I don't know which eye it is behind. I forgot to ask.

I don't know when I'm going to my neuro-surgical consult. The nurse is supposed to call me back with the date/time of that.

I don't know what can happen from this. I've been too afraid to Google it. I don't want to know the worst possible until I go to the consult.

I know that I'm scared. I know that I have been crying a lot.

Most of all, I know Who holds tomorrow! I am a child of the King. I am a patient of the Great Physician.

I am terrified, but I have my family and friends supporting me.

Until I go back to the doctor for the consult, I have ONE answer and so many, many questions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

My Strange Collection--But Not Strange to Me!

Saving Money