Writing Challenge--Day #8

I took a few days off to spend time with my family for Thanksgiving!  I hope you all enjoyed your time with family/friends/co-workers--whomever you spent Thanksgiving with!

There are links to all the other Writing Challenge posts on Day #7.


I know in the beginning I said there are 60 days to this challenge.  However, I have thought about it, and I think I'm going to do the first 10 days. I have started writing on a regular basis.... which was the point. So, now, I'm going to write about other things.... not just the challenge topics.


Today's Challenge is actually quite appropriate.  It's about Thanksgiving.

Today's Challenge: "Make a list of 10 things for which you are thankful."

Making a list is easy. Leaving it just in list form is hard for me. :)

I'm Thankful For....

1. God--He is so awesome. He supplies everything I need. He is there no matter what and loves me no matter what. I have failed Him so many times, but He has never failed me.

2. Family--I'm thankful for my family. We may not always get along, but we are always there for each other. This includes everyone.. Mom, Dad, Tony, Lisa (and her kids), Donnie and Mary (and their kids), Mariah (my niece and her daughter), the Princess, and my Papaw. 

3. Friends--I have a couple of close friends. Some of them have been friends of mine for a few years now. I have friends from church. I have friends with whom I love to scrapbook!!  I have friends I can talk to about work/school.

4. Home--I love that I have a home. Although it's not always clean, it is ours. We are still making payments, but it is ours. We can change what we want to---like the floors like Thanksgiving. We can leave what we want.

5. Car--Yes, this sounds trite. I'm thankful for my car. It gets me everywhere I need to be. I get to take my parents on vacation in it. I get to go see friends. I go to church. I go to work. I can use my car to get to anyone or anything I need to.

6. Work--I don't have a full time job. I only get to sub a couple of days a month. I am working part time at the daycare with my mom. I am making what God wants me to make. He knows where I need to be. He will make sure I have the job I need to have when I need to have it.

7. Food--Again, this sounds like something small. However, for me, since I had my surgery, food is my fuel. It's not for fun any more. It's just what I need to live. I have never thought about food that way. I have always just eaten when I wanted to and what I wanted to. Now, I'm thankful for the food I have and I need.

8. Computers (Social Media)--I love that I can keep up with my friends/family through social media. I can do what I need to do and complete tasks on my computer. It helps me to be able to do things that I couldn't do before I had a computer.

9. Clothes--I know this is another of those funny sounding things. Now, I have more options in the places I can get clothes. Now, I have more different things I can wear. I can even borrow some of the Princess's t-shirts!  It's nice!! 

10. Life--Every day, I wake up and I have to be thankful that I am alive. I have had so many illnesses since June of this year that I am glad that I am well and alive. This should probably be higher on my list. It is higher on my list, but I just put it here because it is where it landed.


Now, what are you thankful for?  What's on your list? 

Comments

Lynne said…
Lots of great things to be grateful for in this life....

http://fourlynne.blogspot.com/2016/12/writing-challenge-day-8.html

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Strange Collection--But Not Strange to Me!