Do You Believe in Karma?

This is one of those questions that I get asked often.

"Do you believe in Karma?"

I have been known to say, "Karma stinks, right?" Sometimes I think I believe. Other times, I think it's just consequences of actions.

That makes no sense. As I wrote that, I confused myself.  :)

Sometimes, I think that there really is Karma. People do things that are mean or horrible, and then something happens to them that is equally as bad. It also works in the reverse. Someone will do something awesome and then they get a "payback" out of nowhere.

Other times, people do something horrible and then there are natural consequences from the action(s). Those consequences are sometimes better than any punishment anyone could have given them. Of course, that works in the positive also. Someone will do something and then they will get a reward they never dreamed of because of natural consequences.

My parents taught me to believe that God handles the behaviors that people have. This means that if you do what you are supposed to do, God has plans and blessings in store. If you do not do what you are supposed to do, God also has consequences. He's the ultimate parent. :) He rewards the good and punishes the bad. (Just be sure that you aren't doing things just to get rewards. That's not why you do anything.... for anyone!!)

I guess the next time someone asks me, "Do you believe in Karma," I have to answer with, "It depends on the situation."

Comments

Lynne said…
Hi Leslie. I have heard of "Karma", too. The biggest kick I got out of the use of this word was a joke where a dog was called "Karma" an I've seen photos of a German Shepherd named Karma. I do believe in God and that at the end of the day He will have the final say to all our behaviors. I'm not sure where that lands me with believing or not believing in Karma though.

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

I Keep Losing Days

Saving Money