Inauguration and Other Stories

Today is January 20, 1017.

Around 12pm EST, in Washington, D.C., the United States will have a new President. We will have a new President. I will have a new President.

Whether you (or I) voted for him or not, he will be our President. As you know, I keep my political thoughts to myself (most of the time). He will be President for at least 4 years, maybe 8. We have to support him and believe that he's going to do what's best for our Country!

Today, I'm watching ABC News. It's what I watch every morning while I'm getting ready. It's what I've watched for years. You can hear as you listen to the reporters that some of them are excited about the events of today. You can also hear the disapproval of the new President in the voices of others. I know that news reporters are supposed to be neutral no matter what, but it's interesting to listen to. I'm sure that it's happening on CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, and all the other stations too.

I have watched all the Inaugurations since Clinton. Some of the Presidents I wanted to see in office. Others I was hoping they would only get 4 years.


In other news..... yesterday, I said I was going to share information and stories about all the things I do in my life.

Today is one of those days.

The Princess is going to be watching the Inauguration at school today. The school sent home a permission form, but it only had to be signed and returned if you would NOT allow your child too watch. It's HISTORY in the making.  Why would I not let my child watch, whether I agree or disagree with the President? It's HISTORY! You should always make a point to watch history!


Funny story.... and it might be a "you had to be there" thing.

I own 4 sweatshirts. This is new for me. In the past, I had ONE and I only wore it when it was snowing. I never used to get cold..... before I lost over 200 lbs.

Earlier this week, it was warmer and I didn't need a sweatshirt; so we washed all of them. I don't dry them. So I went to grab one yesterday evening to put it on. It was inside out. I thought I'd be smooth and just flip the sleeves and the hood as I put it on. It worked pretty well with the sleeves. However....my head got stuck. Tony and the Princess were already out by the van and I was yelling for help. I couldn't get my head unstuck. The Princess came to my rescue. I'm just glad she didn't take a picture of it first!!!


Final thought for today....

If you wear glasses, know where they are at all times. Last night, Tony was sitting on the couch. He took his glasses off and put them on his leg while he was talking on the phone. When he finished talking, he started squirming around on the love seat. I asked what he was looking for. He said, "Where are my glasses?" I cracked up.  They were on his FACE!! 

Ok....that was another "You had to be there" story.  I have a lot of those.  But.... that's what's going on in Leslie's World today.

What funny things are happening in your world today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

My Goodie Box!

Saving Money