Getting Started on BIG Projects

Today is the last day of February! 

How is February over already?

Is it REALLY possible that 2017 has conquered 2 months this quickly?

I think about January and February right now. I feel like I haven't really gotten anything accomplished. I have big goals for 2017. I have big projects for 2017! I feel like I haven't gotten ANYTHING done toward them!

Last night, my co-leader for Remedy Kidz, our children's church at Remedy Church, and I got together. This year, our church has a project called "Better to Give". We are planning to collect toys (all ages--new or GENTLY used) for 500 kids. Remedy Kidz are going to be preparing stockings for the parents. Each stocking will have hygiene products and snacks in it. (Everyone loves getting something for Christmas, right?)

Last night, we sat down and made a list of items we are planning to put in the stockings. We are planning to do travel-sized items so that they will all fit.

The list:
toothpaste
toothbrush
comb
soap/body wash
wash cloth
lotion
shampoo
conditioner
razor
shaving cream/gel
mouth wash
floss
deodorant

gum
hard candy
granola bars
peanuts
candy bar


We are also wanting to have 500 Holy Bibles there to give the families. We would love for each family to go home with a Bible.

If you would like to donate to this cause in any way (toys, hygiene items, or Bibles) please get in touch with me through my comments section or contact the church at remedychurch701@gmail.com.

That's only ONE of the big projects I'm doing this year.

I'm also in charge of VBS for this summer.

Plus, the Princess is working on her Silver Award for Girl Scouts. She only has until September to finish it!! 

That's THREE big things.... VBS (June), Silver Award (September), and Better to Give (December)!!! 


And.... I'm hoping to do a 5K this year! 


Anyone else have HUGE plans/goals for 2017?  How are they going?  Are you keeping track and keeping up?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

I Keep Losing Days

Saving Money