Not What I was Hoping For

Somethings just don't happen the way you hope/wish they would.

For example, last Wednesday, the Princess had her Battle of the Books competition. Out of  schools, they came in 4th. Of course, I was HOPING for 1st..... but.... it doesn't always work out that way! :)

Wednesday evening, I also didn't win the 7th largest PowerBall Jackpot.  (Of course, to be considered, I'd have to buy a ticket, and I didn't do that either!)

Thursday, I went for my follow-up with my neurosurgeon. He re-did my CT scan and determined that my aneurysms have not changed. They haven't grown, but they haven't gotten smaller. In all honesty, I was hoping God would just take them away--since my Doc said that they never go away without surgery. I was hoping God would prove him wrong. The good thing is that I'm healthy and don't have to go back until next February. (I am thinking about changing to a doctor closer to home. I'm not sure I want to drive to Charlotte just to be told "everything is fine".) The best part is that they haven't grown. There is still not much concern over them. :)  God is good! 

Yesterday, we sang some old songs with the Praise & Worship Team!  We sang some new ones too. I loved it!! I always love singing! This is never a let down! 

I'm hoping to have my VBS volunteer meeting next Sunday right after church. (I'm hoping it turns out well and I have LOTS of volunteers!)


Finally.... this morning, at the gym, I was hoping to do a 5K on the treadmill. (I'm allergic to everything that grows so this awesome Spring-like "Winter" weather we're having in NC is killing me!  PLUS.... I'm terrified of dogs! So I don't do outside if I don't have to!) Anyways..... I did 2 miles. I guess I should edge up to the 3.1 miles slowly and not try to do it all at one time.

I've gotten my mile time down to 14:09.  I did two miles today in 30:49. (Yes I slowed down on the 2nd mile!!)


What have you been hoping for in your world?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

When All Is Said And Done