Father's Day and a Promotion

Yesterday was Father's Day.

I spent 90% of the day with my Daddy!  I spent 100% of the day with Tony! I even got to spend about 10% of the day with my brother!  (Even though she's not a dad, I got to spend a lot of time with my sister yesterday too!)

It was a good Father's Day!

Tony, the Princess, and I  took him and Mom to my Papaw's church yesterday morning.  It was awesome!

I sang, which I don't get to do often any more. Best of all, my Daddy sang. I haven't heard him do that in a long time. It's one of my favorite things to do.... listen to him sing. 

After church, we "kidnapped" (not really) Papaw and took him to lunch. We went to this awesome Mom and Pop home-cooking place in Maiden. There wasn't even a sign out front to tell you the name. So... I don't even know the name of the place we ate, but I hope we go back again!

After lunch, we came home (about an hour's drive) and we did some laundry and rested before going back to Mom and Dad's house to watch WWE Money in the Bank. (I don't even want to discuss how disappointed I am in the matches from last night.  Hopefully, they will sort them all out on Tuesday night's live show! It was horrible!)

Then, we came home during the storm. :)  It has rained a lot here lately, but that's a good thing. July isn't typically a wet month for us, so we need to save up the water while we can! :)


On Friday, we got a copy of the Princess's final 8th grade report card in the mail. It has a little blue check mark in the bottom left corner beside the word "promoted". I guess they are going to let her go to 9th grade.  Now.... I just have to decided if we are ready for her to go to 9th grade!  :) 


What did you do for Father's Day?  How was your weekend?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

My Goodie Box!

Saving Money