Motivational Meaderings--Accomplishments

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.
Author Unknown


It doesn't matter what I have tried to do in my life, I had at some point to make a decision to try it.

I'm sitting here today thinking of all the things I've tried and some I've accomplished.

When I was younger, I wanted to be a writer. I guess that since I'm posting here, I have (somewhat) accomplished that. I am writing on a (somewhat) regular basis. One day, I still hope to write a book, I just haven't made the decision for the correct topic yet.

When I was in high school, I decided to become a teacher. I accomplished that. I taught in high schools for four years. I still teach, at a daycare. I made that decision and accomplished it.

Everyone who has ever done anything, has decided to do it.

I'm not saying that the decision was conscious. It could have been that they just decided NOT to do something else and the accomplishment was from that decision. 

For example, I have a couple friends who are trying to stop smoking. I'm sure they have tried several times in their lives. Right now, they made the decision NOT to smoke. They are accomplishing that... one day at a time.

I've been talking about decision a lot lately; I know. It's just what's on my mind. I'm making some. I need to make some.

I made the decision this morning to list some items on eBay. I'll be doing more of that this evening too, and probably tomorrow, and the next day.... I have a lot of stuff (mostly my old clothes) to get rid of.

I have made the decision to get back into my crafting business too.  I'm going to be putting some of my stuff that I'm making on here. (Now that I have put it out there, I will do it.... no pressure...right?)


My accomplishment goal is to be able to find something I can do to work at home. I, like many others, am tired of working for other people. I'm tired of them telling me what to do and when to do it. So... I have made the decision to try to make my business grow.  (I haven't decided how to do that, yet.... any suggestions??)


So.... here are my questions today:

1. Do you have suggestions for how to grow my crafting business?
2. What accomplishment have you gotten?  What decisions did you have to make to accomplish it?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

I Keep Losing Days

Saving Money