Memorial Day Weekend 2018

How in the world is it possible that it's MEMORIAL DAY already?  This weekend, we aren't doing a lot. Just hanging out.  Doing laundry.  Resting.


We have done so much since I posted on April 1st!  (Be ready for PICTURE overload!)

We did the 30 days of positive thoughts/affirmations challenge for Paparazzi.  (Some days we forgot or ran out of time.  So we just caught up the following day!)  #PaparazziRocks  #IAmPaparazzi


    


 


    


We also had fun at the park during Spring Break with a Photo Shoot (on my phone!)!!! 


This is MY FAVORITE!!







Isn't she GORGEOUS?  I'm totally biased, but she's adorable! 







Chasity was in a bowling tournament individually and with her team in April. Her team took 1st. She and her doubles partner (not pictured in trophy pic) took 1st. She took 1st place over all all events (handicap score). She also got first place for something else.  Individually, she took 4th.  We didn't think that was too bad..... it was her FIRST tournament!  



On May 1st, she had her final Homeschool Chorus concert. She decided not to do it again next year. She got a trophy for being there a full year!  



Of course, we can't forget EASTER at church with MOST of the family.  We were missing one.... 
We do this same picture in the same spot every year.  It's one of the only places we can get the whole family in and still see all the faces! 





I think I have the same picture for the past few years on the same corner of the same steps with the same people.... for Mother's Day!   (YES!  My child is wearing a skirt!  It was part of her Mother's Day gift to me. :)  I told her she never wears one....so she did it without me even asking!)

Last weekend, Tony and I celebrated 17 years of marriage!  I can't believe he's put up with me THAT long! :) I guess we've been together so long now that no one will take either of us!  But, in all honesty, I really do love him.  :)



We went to Pilot Mountain to put flowers on his mom's grave. (We were a week late for Mother's Day!)


Chasity and I went downtown to see the NASCAR Hauler Parade as it came into Concord.  It's a yearly tradition in May!!  The Coca-Cola 600 is today (in just a couple of hours!)!!  I love being this close!  I get to see the Fly-Over that they do.  It's typically pretty big on Memorial Day!

This is the first Panoramic shot I have ever done from my phone!  I think it turned out really well! :)











Last Thursday, May 24th, Chasity got her Girl Scout awards for this year.  She's getting started on her Gold Award.  Be ready for that information soon!  (We have to go through the approval for it!)

Yesterday, Chasity and I did our first Paparazzi Pop-up Boutique. It was at a local used bookstore and coffee shop.  If you're ever in downtown Kannapolis (NC), check out Editions! We love it! 

We still need to work on our display, but I think it turned out pretty well.  


Those standing displays used to be drawers. They were brown. We painted them and then put old song book pages on them with Mod Podge. I think they look good!  (I have before and after pics somewhere.... I guess I just put them in Facebook Messenger and not in my phone.)


 


Today, we went to church. We are getting ready to go pick my niece up from work.  Then we are going to see my parents for a few minutes (I guess!). 

Eventually, we are going to have to go grocery shopping!  (Anyone want to do that FOR me?!) 


What are your plans for the weekend?  What all have you done in April and May?  Drop pics in the comments so we can catch up with you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Strange Collection--But Not Strange to Me!