Smoky Mountain Saturday

 Today is one of those days where I may flood the world with pictures. I really wish we would have had time to stop at some of the overlooks on the way up and home on Saturday. 


Around 6:30am, we left home for Banner Elk, North Carolina. I love going to the mountains, and I am sure you ALL know that already! I go to the mountains to be able to clear my head and breathe deeply. It doesn't matter what time of year it is; I love being at a higher elevation.



These are just some of the pictures I took on my phone as Tony was driving. I love taking pictures of nature. 





The leaves were at peak color or very close to it. It was beautiful. 




These pictures are all after we hit the deer. You can read about that here



There were times we thought we were going to get rain, but we didn't. It was just foggy. I guess this is why they are called the Great Smoky Mountains


I know that God made all things, but sometimes I think He put a little special something in the mountains. I always joke that the mountains are closer to God because of the higher elevation. 

Give me Smoky Mountains and crisp air any day! 

The funny thing is.... and I'll share this with pictures later, but Lees-McRae uses the slogan "The Mountains are Calling" for their new students!  I love it. #TheMountainsCalled and I answered!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

When All Is Said And Done

Saving Money