Blog Planning

 


If I have said it once, I've said it a million times, I love writing. I want to be able to make a living at it. I would love to build this blog so that it will make money.

How do I do that? 

There are several ways, but getting consistent with writing, planning out my posts, and getting consistent views are some of the ways. 

Obviously, if I am consistent with my writing, the views will come. In order to be consistent in writing, I have to get my posts planned.

I have a notebook with a list and several planned out posts. Do I actually sit and type them? NO! Should I? YES! 


Here are some thoughts about planning:

Needs:

--Post Ideas 

                Don't get me wrong; I have ideas. I just don't always write them down, and then I lose them. 

--Education

                I need to learn about affiliates, web hosting, and pictures/images/videos (watermarking my stuff). I also need to learn how to change platforms from the free one I am currently using to another one that I can do more stuff on. AND, I need to learn how to use Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for my blog. I need to learn SEO so I can get traffic/views on the blog. Finally, I need to learn how to plan my time so that I can be consistent. (That word keeps popping up!)

Photo from here.

Suggestions from my online research: (You all know how much I love to do research!  It's fun!!)

--Pick a Niche

                    Lifestyle (I think this is me)

                    Homeschool

                    Crafting

                    Writing

                    What is my niche?

--Pick a Name

                    I did that already. The World According to Leslie. Naturally, this is how I see the world.

--List 100 topics/options for posts

                    I started this. I actually have 115, but I have others in my head that never make it to paper.  I numbered my paper (pages in a composition book) to 100. It took 4 pages and a few lines on a 5th page. I wrote everything that came to mind. Then I wrote things that spawned from those ideas. I just kept listing things. (This Blog Planning post was idea #8!)

 --Plan posts

                    On page 6 of the composition book, I begin planning out a post. Then when I completed that, I started a plan for another on the following page. I planned over a dozen posts. 

--Start writing!

                    This should be the easy part, but it never is. I feel like I am dull. I feel like I need more substance to what I am saying. I feel like I use the word I a lot! I try to keep the writing interesting and moving so that others want to read it, but it does not always happen that way. 


Photo from here.

     

I need suggestions.


In the comments (if you've made it this far), tell me what you would like me to write about. What topics interest you?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Goodie Box!