August 11, 2021: UNCA Move-in Day

 

It's move-in day! I can now say that (well, write that) without tears. 

Over the past couple of weeks, I have cried a lot because my baby was leaving for college. Today, we officially moved her in. 

Her room is beautiful. Her roommate seems nice; we only got to talk to her for a little while as we moved Chasity in and set her stuff up. 

She has already started EmBark Orientation to get used to campus and get ready for the semester! 

We drove up to Asheville last night. Our van was a little packed when we left home. 


It took us two hotel carts to get all her stuff up to her room. She's on the 7th floor and has an amazing view of the mountains! 


Naturally, we had to make a trip to Wal-Mart for things we forgot. We still forgot masks, even though they have been on the lists the past 3 weeks. Who would have guessed that we'd forget that! 


She has her room all set up. She has 4 pillows and 3 blankets (not counting her comforter). One of the blankets is a glow-in-the-dark blanket she earned from Girl Scout cookies. She only took it because it is glow-in-the-dark. 

Did I mention the view?

This is looking straight out of her window. She can see this sitting on her bed. 


This is looking out to the left of her window. That building is another residence hall. 

This is going to be where she lives when she is not at home, but she will still be home quite a bit to finish up her Gold Award, work on ScoutsBSA stuff, and participate in bowling tournaments. 

Tony said to think of it as a "long sleepover," so I'm trying.

I have a lot of stuff to do at home. Maybe I can get back to scrapbooking. We are moving the Paparazzi room from the smaller bedroom to the larger bonus room. We have already sold a desk and 2 printers from the bonus room. Now, we basically have to move everything around. (That's never fun!)

For today, I am excited to say that my daughter is a college student, and I only cried ONE time all day while setting her up and dropping her off. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Strange Collection--But Not Strange to Me!