Best BBQ I've Had in a While

While Tony and I were in town, just chilling out (aka making a list of things Chasity needed before we left Asheville), last week, we rode over to Black Mountain. 

I can't wait to go to the Black Mountain Arts Center and some of the shops there. It really is a great little place.


We came upon a BBQ place called Phil's Bar-B-Que Pit.  We both like BBQ, so we thought we'd try it. We got a plate of pulled pork, pulled chicken, chips, mac and cheese, and hushpuppies to share. 

We both preferred the pork, but it was all delicious. So much so that this past Thursday, when Mom, Dad, and I were in town to pick Chasity up to come home for the weekend, we went there to eat! My parents liked it too! 


One really unique thing about this restaurant is that there are stickers on the metal bar where you order your food. There are license plates from just about everywhere on the walls. And...there are hats! There are hats hung on the ceiling. 



This isn't remotely close to all of them. When Tony and I were there, we did not ask about a number. Mom, Dad, and I tried to guess. So, I asked the girl working behind the counter how many hats there are. She said, "We lost count at about 4500 a couple years ago!" That tells me that there are probably close to 6000 hats or more there now. 

One wall I really like was the Alabama Wall. 


I'm an Alabama fan, not just because their football team wins all the time. I was a softball fan first, but then we started following their football team as well. 

Finally, probably the best part about this place is their slogan! You just have to see the picture to understand! 


Yes! This is what they ride around with on the side of their van! I couldn't help but take the picture! :)  I thought it was funny! 


The food and the atmosphere were both amazing. On the way out, we got to see the view. They do have outdoor seating available, and if I had paid attention to this fact before sitting down inside, I would have been watching this view while I ate. 



The next time I go there, I plan to sit outside, if possible, so that I can look at this while I eat!  Yes! I will be going back! 

Where are your favorite places to eat on vacation? Why? 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Strange Collection--But Not Strange to Me!