Junior Gold National Tournament, 2021: Indianapolis, Indiana

Junior Gold National Tournament, 2021
Indianapolis, IN

In 2019, we went to Detroit, MI, for almost two weeks so that Chasity could compete in the Junior Gold National Championships. She qualified in May of that year, we we took off to Michigan in July. 

This year, 2021, we took off on July 8 to Indiana. We drove through a few states to get there. On the way back, we stopped in Kentucky (to see Church Hill Downs) and Pigeon Forge (just because). 

On the way to Indiana, we saw a lot of rain, but we saw some beautiful clouds after it. 




After one of Chasity's practice sessions, we went to downtown Indianapolis. We found Lucas Oil Stadium where the Indianapolis Colts play. We did not go for a tour, but we did drive around and take a lot of pictures. Chasity took pictures on my phone. I used my camera. 


Between her 2nd and 3rd practice sessions, we went to the Indianapolis State Fairgrounds. That place is H.U.G.E! We had to do registration so she could get her badge and bag of goodies. 


Every time Chasity bowls, she wears crazy socks. Ok, every day, Chasity wears crazy socks. This day, they just happened to be banana socks. 


We went to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, but the way the roads are there, we could not get a very good picture. This was the best we could get on the phone. I may have a better one on my camera. 


There were times we felt like we were driving around a Monopoly board. For example, we went under "Pennsylvania Railroad."  I sent this picture to my mom and my siblings. My brother said I had to give him $25 if we landed on it! Luckily, we went under it instead! 


I'm not sure what state we were leaving, but as we went into Louisville, KY, we crossed the Ohio River and went on this bridge. It was pretty amazing! 



Just across that beautiful bridge is the KFC YUM! Center!  Yes, that's the real name of it!  I think the University of Louisville Cardinals play there! 


A few miles away from the YUM! Center, is Churchill Downs. Yes! The one where the Kentucky Derby is held! I'd love to go there one day, but there is a dress code and all kinds of rules. They do have daily tours and a museum, but we did not stop. We only went by for pictures this time. 




 Once we left Kentucky, we went to Pigeon Forge. We love it there. Well, I'd go there every time we go on vacation, but I think Tony and Chasity would prefer some other places sometimes. As we were pulling into town, it was raining, but we had the chance to follow a rainbow. Luckily we did not find out if Oz is over the rainbow, but we also did not find a pot of gold because we couldn't find the end of it. 




As always, the cross on the hill in Pigeon Forge was visible even through the storm. Isn't that how it always is?!




We made it home safely, and now we are working to get Chasity ready to head off to college. She moves in on August 11th. My momma heart is NOT ready for that, and I'm sure there will be a lot of tears and a lot of words from me about it. 

Next year, we will be heading back to Michigan for Junior Gold. It will be Chasity's last year to compete, and it will be in the Grand Rapids area. I've never been there, but I think it's close to Wisconsin, so I may have to stop in for some cheese (or a Cheese head hat!)!! (NO! I'm not a Packer's fan!)

Where are your favorite vacation places? Why do you like them? Let me know in the comments! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Strange Collection--But Not Strange to Me!