Motivational Meanderings--Bil Keane

"Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
Bil Keane


Over the past couple of weeks, I have still been on autopilot.

I have just been going through the motions.

Mother's Day is bittersweet for me. On May 9, 2002, Tony's mom passed away. That was on Thursday before Mother's Day. We buried her on Saturday, May 11. Now, every year, it's hard to face Mother's Day.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Princess! This year, she got me an awesome card.  It said to relax and have time for myself. Then on the inside it said, "for about 10 minutes because I need a sandwich!"  Loved it! 

We got together with my parents on Friday night for Dad's birthday! 

Then on Saturday, the whole family was together for Mother's Day.  All of us, including my brother's kids were there!  Papaw Paul even got to come hang out with us!

The quote I chose for today is one we have all heard... probably 100 times!

I picked it because at this time of year, I have to remind myself that today really is a gift. I can't be on autopilot. I have to be present with my family and friends.

The Princess only has 15 days of 8th grade left!  It's crazy!  I have to try to remember to slow down and keep today present in my mind. I have to remember that no matter what, we are not promised tomorrow.

Today really is a gift. We get to open it every morning! 


What did you do for Mother's Day? How did you celebrate your mom? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

My Goodie Box!

Saving Money