My Historical Soapbox

As of today, the United States has its first African-American President. Shoot no! I didn't vote for him! There are many reasons, but mainly because I am a Christian!

OK OK! Go ahead and yell! I know that some people think that you can be both--a Christian and a Democrat! Well... according to my Bible, there are some things wrong with that!

1...The 10 Commandments say "Thou Shalt Not Kill", but Democrats believe in abortion. Shoot! Some of them even believe in partial-birth abortion. Of course everyone has there own beliefs about this subject. So, believe however you feel. I am PRO-LIFE! There are plenty of people who can not have children, but that want them. Please share that opportunity with them. Do not kill your child just because you decided that it was more fun to make him/her than to have him/her.

2...The Bible says that homosexuality is an abomination. Democrats believe that men should be able to marry men and women should be able to marry women. Exactly what is that going to prove? God created man and woman. He established the family as the first institution, even before He established the church.

I have plenty of other points to argue, but I know it wouldn't matter. The US has already made the mistake now. We are stuck with him for 4 years... then we can replace him!

Just a note... exactly how is he African-American? He wasn't born in Africa. If he was, then he is African and cannot be an American president. You have to be BORN in the US in order to be able to run for the office of President. So...he's just plain ol' American! (Not that I care!) I just thought I'd throw that out there while I was on my Historical Soapbox!

If you have thoughts about this, share them please. If you disagree, it's ok by me. We can't all be right!

Until next time........

Comments

Unknown said…
Amen Sister! I agree. I am probably the most non prejudice person you could find... I just strongly disagree with his beliefs.
betty said…
I don't disagree with what you said about homosexuality and abortion

I didn't vote for our new president but I'm praying for him daily; his success is only going to come from the Lord; I fear for our country but what I fear is how far we have moved away from the Lord not who is in charge because I trust the Lord and I know for whatever reason he has the present administration in. I think we as Christ followers need pray, repent and to pray for others (2 Chronicles 7:14) and then our land will be healed

betty
Anonymous said…
Well said. I agree with you. I respect the Office of the President, but the man, well, it's tough to respect someone who professes to believe in one thing, but whose actions tell a completely different story.

"a corgi" put what's in my heart into words better than I ever could.
Ohilda said…
Preach it, sista! I totally agree on both issues. I DON'T think you can be Christian and pro-abortion at the same time.

Blessings,

Ohilda

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

I Keep Losing Days

Saving Money