School Selection Stuff

In the newspaper here on Friday my mom showed me an article about a new Christian Academy that is opening in August 2009. So I decided to check it out. I drove to the school today. (Yes, I know I had already called them to send me information, but I'm just too darn impatient to wait until I get it tomorrow!)

I got down there and talked to the lady at the desk. She answered my questions and gave me some information. So I got in the car and started reading the information. I was really naive to think that this school would cost anything less than any other private school in the area. Mom, Tony, and I assumed (and we all know what that does) that it would be cheaper since it is NEW! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! It only costs $50/month less than the school I would have put her in....if the price wasn't so high!

Now... the problem with the cost is this. Tony and I need a second car...so he has transportation when he's not working! To work he can drive the company van, but he can't use it for personal use. If we really wanted to spend a car payment a month, we could seriously get a car. However....her education at the new Christian school would be only about $20 less than my most recent car payment (and we paid that off last April)!!!

It's something to seriously think about, but I'm not sure she's going to get to change schools this year. Maybe we'll get her a job and she can pay for it the next year! LOL (Nope... I won't force my child to work...not for her education anyways!)

I'll keep posting to let everyone know what happens in the end!



Until next time........

Comments

Lynne said…
Did I read an earlier entry wrong, I thought you were looking for employment? Only reason I ask is that some private schools will offer a benefit to staffers in that they allow free tuition for the staffers children. Something worth looking into?
jennifersusan said…
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Good luck with all your decisions and great job on the weight watchers! That's so fantastic!!! Keep up the awesome job!!!
Ohilda said…
Sometimes it's so hard to do what we really want (and need). I hope it all works out.

Hugs!

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

I Keep Losing Days

Saving Money