Open House

Tonight at my assigned school, we have Open House. So, when the kids get out at 3:30pm today, I get to make a mad dash for Chasity. Then I get to come home and freshen up (comb the hair, brush the teeth, etc) and head back to school.

I do hope to meet some of the parents tonight. Unfortunately, unless they did a "ConnectEd" (phone tree type system) message, most of the parents I'd like to meet probably don't know about the Open House. You know, there are parents who are "on top" of everything. The kid shows up for EVERYTHING at school. Then there are the parents that either don't care or just can't do it all. Those are the ones I want to meet; I'd venture a guess that those are not the ones who will attend tonight.

I think the Open House is a great idea. The students generally get new teachers each semester. So, Open House is a time for parents and students and teachers to all be in the same room. I really like it! (I might have a different opinion tonight if no one shows up!)

I just picked up my 2nd class yesterday! I think it went well. There's always a period of adjustment when you take on something new. I'm glad UNCC staggers it so that I didn't take on all the classes at one time. I would never have been able to handle it. I feel like I'm really far behind now. I can't even find time to get all my lesson plans typed up just for THIS week for TWO classes. I'm getting there.... It will happen! :)


Until next time........

Comments

Lisa said…
Hello, I was just Blog-Hopping and ran across your blog. Very well written!

Lisa
Kristina A said…
I just added you to my "follow" list. I am new at blogging but I was "Blog-hopping" as Lisa^ said and I really like your writings. They are very real and down to earth, just little messages and stories day-by-day. I am in school to be a teacher as well so hearing your stories of teaching are really exciting and encouraging. I also read your most recent blog about your grandmother. I am sorry to hear about her condition and I will certainly keep her, you and your family in my prayers.

Kristina A

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

My Strange Collection--But Not Strange to Me!

Saving Money