Snowed in!

First, I would like to say welcome to all the new readers/followers that have joined recently! I'm glad you're here. Hopefully you'll enjoy what you read. If you have any questions, please ask. I'll try to answer most anything I can.

Since I live in NC, we don't usually get a lot of snow. However, two weeks ago (the weekend of Jan. 31) my Girl Scout troop planned to do a Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser. It snowed 6" that weekend. School was cancelled on Monday and Tuesday of that week. We had to make up last Saturday and are supposed to make up a day this Monday (2/15).

However, last night, it snowed again. We got another 2". We might have 3", but it's just that the roads are really bad. Right now, it's officially Girl Scout cookie season. So, the girls have cookie booths (outside stores and stuff) every weekend until March 6th. We were supposed to have one last night and all day today. :( I guess you can say it's cancelled....since the roads are not clear.

You would think that the DOT would see the storm coming and prep the roads. NOPE! They did not! So the roads are icy today! Plus, it's only 25 degrees outside!

Now, they are saying that Monday morning (when the busses should be running for the make up day) we are supposed to get a round of icy mix! The kids are NEVER going to get out of school this year if we keep getting snow!

Ok! So, it probably sounds like I'm complaining. I am NOT! I love winter weather! I love snow! I am NOT a fan of hot, humid NC summers. However, I do like for school years to end when they are supposed to! lol I like my summer vacation from school! :) Plus, I did hate to have to cancel the Girl Scout cookie booths for this weekend. It just isn't safe enough for the girls to be out beside the road!

I'm stuck in the house.....for a little while..... but... that's ok.....



Until next time........

Comments

Tammy said…
Ah here's hoping that your troop can still raise some funds with their cookies! We just finished our campaign here in SD, and while we haven't gotten blasted like you guys, it's still pretty snowy and cold nonetheless, makes it hard for the girls to sell. Good thing Dad can take our daughter's cookie order sheet to work lol!

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Goodie Box!