At Home

As you know, my Grandmother has been sick for a while. Over the past week, we have watched her get a little weaker every day. We've watched as her body began to fail her. She stopped producing fluids from her kidneys. They were weeping out of her right arm. We watched her eyes go from open almost wide on Sunday afternoon to her barely acknowledging us in the room last night.

She hasn't been able to walk for a couple of years. She hasn't driven in so long I can't remember. She's been in a nursing home for 6 years. My grandfather has been by her side everyday. He has done everything for her that he can.

However, last night at 8:40pm, my Grandmother (Doris Sigmon) went home to live with Jesus. She's walking again...on streets of gold. She can see again...oh the sites she saw last night! She is talking again.....with Jesus. She's singing again....with a choir of angels. She's happy again.....with all of her family that has gone before.

I'm going to miss her. However, the tears that I cry are not for her....they are for me. They are because I am going to miss her. They are happy tears because she is finally home and well. They are tears of sadness because she is no longer here.

My grandmother will be missed by all of the family.

Until next time..... (Keep my family in your prayers.)

Comments

Donna1264 said…
Leslie - sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing, but as you said, she's in a better place and no longer in pain. I will continue praying for you and your family. Take care of you.

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

I Keep Losing Days

Saving Money