A Year Ago

A year ago this past Friday, I was informed that my Grandmother only had about a week to live.

A year ago this past Saturday, I came home from my student teaching in tears and decided to take an Incomplete.

A year ago yesterday, we took Grandmother off of all her feeding tubes and machines that were keeping her alive. We only left the oxygen.

That means that a year ago this coming Saturday, my Grandmother went home to see her dad, her mom, and her Heavenly Father!

A year ago, I was not sure I wanted to be a teacher any more.

Today...I'm pretty sure I'm crazy for wanting to be a teacher, but I know I can do it.

A year ago, I had no idea how strong I could really be.

Today...I'm still not strong every day, but I know I can be when I need to!

I know that God only puts on us what we can stand. So I know that I can do whatever I have to do!

Comments

Donna1264 said…
Leslie - it's hard to believe it's been a year already. And you're right. God only gives us what we can handle. You are a very strong person and you make the best of every situation you find yourself in. Take care and keep it up!

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Goodie Box!