Open House, Jobs, and School

Last night, we went to meet Chasity's new teacher. I think Chasity will do well in her class. However, with my personality, she's another of those teachers that I would have been a problem for! :) I am a little ADD (sometimes ADHD) so I have a problem with soft-spoken, calm people! :) I tend to surround myself with loud, crazy people.

But, Chasity is very quiet (at school). So I think she will do GREAT in this class this year!

This is her first year of EOGs. I'm a little worried about that, but it will all be fine!

On the job front, I have applied for more jobs. I did the one thing I swore I would never do. I applied for jobs in Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools. I haven't been called back about those either. So...they may want me even less that I truly want to work there. LOL

There is a job in a neighboring county that I realized earlier this week a friend of mine vacated. He just got married and moved home to Pittsburgh, PA. So, since I applied for it and I haven't heard anything, I thought I'd send him a message to ask him about the school. (It seems small for a high school....only 2-3 English teachers.) I'm hoping he will get back to me soon.

Of course, what I'm really hoping is that I can get him to make a call for me. :)

They tell me that it's not what you know, it's who you know.

Think it would help me if the teacher who just left the position called them for me? (I can hope!)

As for school, my classes started on Monday. I have one online class and one on-campus class. My online class is self-paced with a schedule of assignment due dates. My on-campus class is on Wednesday evenings from 5:30-8:15pm! Chasity SHOULD be asleep (or in bed) by the time I get home tonight.

I still have to put all her stuff together (and label it with her name) for school tomorrow! I'm excited!

Chasity is excited!

Here's to a great school year (and me getting a job)!!!

Comments

Sues said…
"They tell me that it's not what you know, it's who you know." - so very true.

Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Goodie Box!