School and Work

Chasity loves school.

This year, she is actually waking up (without TOO much grumpiness) and getting herself dressed. In all the previous years, her dad or I would dress her. We told her over the summer that now that she's 8, she has to start doing that for herself. She's too big for us to do it.

So far, I am loving school.

I have two classes. I have a lot of reading, but for the most part, it hasn't been so hard to keep up. Of course, I have only been in class for TWO weeks! lol I'm sure it will get more difficult, but I think I can handle it. In a couple of weeks, I'll probably be pulling my hair out and wanting to quit. However.... I haven't quit yet. With graduation so close in sight, I am not looking to quit now! :)

On Monday, I received a phone call from a school to which I had sent my resume' and information. They asked me to come in for an interview on Tuesday. Being absolutely convinced I can get the job, I went. The interview went really well. I got to meet the two English 9 teachers. Everything seemed to go smoothly.

They said they had one more interview to go and that they would make a decision soon. So I didn't get a call yesterday. I said, "Maybe the interview was this afternoon, so they couldn't decide until tomorrow (Thursday)."

Today, I went to pick Chasity up from school (at 2pm). I waited as long as I could in case they called. After I picked up Chasity, we went to see my mom at the daycare. She asked if they had called me. I said, "No, so I guess I didn't get it."

When I came home, there was a message from the AP at the school to call them. I called--convinced that they would tell me that they had gone with someone else.

But...

instead of that....

I heard...

"Are you still interested in the position?"

Me: "Yes, ma'am."

AP: "We would like to extend an offer of employment to you for the English 9 teaching position!!"

Me: "Are you kidding me?!??!??!!"

AP: "No! You got the job!"

Then I took a deep breath.

She gave me the information I needed. Then she said that someone would be calling me from Human Resources!

So..... I GOT THE JOB!!!!!

It's still sinking in! I feel like it is a dream!

I called Tony and put him on speakerphone so he and Chasity would hear it together.

Then I called my parents--I let Chasity tell them.

Then I called my sister.

Then I started calling some friends!

I'm so excited!

I GOT THE JOB!

Comments

Sues said…
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

I Keep Losing Days

Saving Money