Headaches

On December 29, 2011, I had had a headache for over two months.  I'm not talking about little nagging things.  I'm talking about headaches that made it hard to open my eyes, to focus on what I was doing, or to keep a train of thought. 

It was hard to sleep.  It was hard to stay awake.  It was hard to do much of anything.

The headache started one morning.  I woke up with it.  I don't even remember the morning that it started.  I thought it was related to my sinuses.  I took sinus meds.  I took pain meds.  Then a couple days (maybe 3) later, when I was still in pain, I stopped taking meds.  I had medicine anyway.  The fact that the sinus meds and pain meds weren't working meant that it wasn't a sinus infection and that I was going to have a headache for a few days.

Before I had Chasity, I had ONE headache for a YEAR!  Yes!  I went to the doc for tests!  No!  They couldn't figure out why I was having a headache.  Finally one day, I woke up and it was GONE!

Ever since then, I have had headaches.  If I wake up with one, I treat it for a couple of days with sinus and pain meds, but then if it doesn't go away, I know it's going to stick around for a while!  Then one day I wake up and it's gone.

I had an MRI for the headache (that I was talking about on December 29, 2011).  I had had blood work done.  Everything came back NORMAL!  And... best of all.... I HAVE A BRAIN!  (LOL)

I had a follow up appointment on Dec 29th with my doctor to see where to go from there.  I said, "Doc, everything is coming back normal.  What do we do now?  I'm hurting.  Just so you know.  Today is one of those days where I might either pass out or puke on you."

She said, "Don't puke on me!"  I think she could handle the passing out if I decided to do that!  lol

Anyways, she said that she would give me a medicine to prevent headaches and then something to take when I feel a headache starting.  However, neither of those would make the headache go away.  So what did she propose?

She would give me two shots in the office that day.  I would have time to get home from the office and go to bed. 

So that is what I did.  I got the shots at 5pm on December 29th. 

I woke up around 9:30pm.  I ate 12 bites of food.  (Yes!  I counted!)

Then I went back to sleep with a cool damp rag over my eyes. 

I don't remember anything else until 8am the next morning.

On December 30th, I felt a little better.  I could move my head without feeling like I was going to pass out.

On January 1st, I had the first day in over two months without a headache!  That was the BEST way ever to start a new year! :)

Now I am on preventative meds.  I have not had to take the other meds for when I can feel a headache coming. 

I am so glad that I have not had a headache in 9 days! 

God and my doctor hooked me up! :) 

Comments

Sues said…
I'm interested to hear more about how this treatment progresses for you. I was never a "headachey" person; but 3 years ago, I had a month-long one, too. Every once in a while I have another mystery (although all thankfully shorter, thus far) bout with them, and "there's nothing wrong with me." I'm not as miserable as you were, but still interested...

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

My Strange Collection--But Not Strange to Me!

Saving Money