Beginning and Ending a Semester

At the beginning of every semester, I find it hard to plan my lessons.  I know that sounds weird.  I have 18 weeks of information I need to give the students.  I should have PLENTY to plan.   However, it is very hard for me to plan lessons the first few weeks.

At the ending of every semester, I find it hard to plan my lessons.  I review all semester.  We play review games all semester.  I have given them PLENTY of information.  There should be plenty to review.  However, there are only so many ways to review information.

There are only so many ways to ASK the same questions.  Since I get to make my own exams, it's much easier for me.  If, for some reason, I don't get to finish EVERYTHING I wanted to in a semester, I just don't put it on the exam. :)  If I finish more, I add it to the exam.

I know what I want them to learn.  It's just easier to plan in the middle of the semester.... when things are already rolling and I can continue with things from day-to-day.  Trying to get everything started now (and ended later) are the hardest things for me.

In a couple of weeks, I will be ROLLING and all will be fine. :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

New Year's Survey