Mammograms and Other Medical Stuff

This blog is public, yes.  However, it is more private than my Facebook.  So, with that said, NONE of this should make it to Facebook. If you are also my Facebook friend, please keep this off of there. :)  Thanks so much.

Now...

A couple of days ago, I asked if anyone here knows anything about RSD.  I still don't.  My mom said I should Google it, but I'm afraid I'll only find the BAD stuff.  So, I'm hoping I can hold off a little longer.  Maybe they will find something else in Dad's leg and it won't be RSD.  I will look it up soon enough.

Yesterday, I went for my first ever Mammogram.  My doc said that I'm getting ready to be 35, and she highly recommended that I get it.  (There were other reasons, but I'll keep those to myself, for now!)

So after work yesterday, I went.  It didn't take long to do the Mammogram.  I would have been out by 4:30 (and I got there at 4pm)!  However, my doctor also ordered an ultrasound.  That took a little longer.

While I was in the ultrasound (left side only), the tech asked if I had ever had cysts on my breasts.  I said, "Not that I know of, but this is my first time here."  She said, "I have to give this to the doctor.  He will probably scan you for himself.  Don't be alarmed.  He does it quite often.  It's nothing unusual.  Cysts are very common. Most women have them."

A few minutes later, the doctor came in and scanned me for himself.  He saw the cyst on the screen.  He said, "I think we are going to do a biopsy."  Then I'm sure he said some other stuff, but I'm just as sure that I didn't hear it all.  My mind was racing by then. 

He said that it's some kind of fiber cluster (or something).  He gave me the name, but I can't remember it.  The nurse made me promise NOT to Google it.  (I promised, so maybe this is my brain keeping me from Google!) :) 

I am going to have the biopsy on Feb. 20th at 8:45am.  I'm a little scared TERRIFIED! 

However..... doc did say that 98% of the time, these come back fine.  He said there is nothing wrong with me.  But, you know me; my brain is saying "But what if it's NOT fine!?"

Just keep me in your prayers.  I will keep you updated. 

Remember.....NONE OF THIS IS TO MAKE IT TO FACEBOOK!!!!!  (As of right now, Tony and my parents know.  The Princess doesn't know (and doesn't need to).  I will tell my siblings, and I will probably tell a few people at church.  Other than that....  (and the lady getting my sub at work for that day).... no one needs to know right now! :)  Thanks so much.


Comments

Sherri said…
Positive thoughts and prayers headed your way.

I had a similar experience with a mammogram. I have a hamartoma. A benign cluster of fibrous tissue... but they scared me 1/2 to death with all they're secretive, covert lingo.

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Goodie Box!