State of the Union

In case the title didn't scare you off, I am not going to have a political rant here. 

I typically keep my politics to the voting booth.  Although, sometimes, it is impossible not to say something....one way or the other.

Here is what I am going to say about the speech last night.  I did not watch it.  I had some things on DVR I wanted to catch up on.  In all honesty, I forgot about it until the news broke in for a "Special Report" at 9pm.  I was already on the way to DVR land by then. :) 

I did flip through a few times, but I did not listen to more than one or two sentences.  So that makes me pretty unqualified to have an opinion of the speech.

I will say, I personally think the state of our union is in a mess.  We have soldiers stationed and fighting all over the world. We have rich people who keep getting richer and never have to pay taxes or face consequences for their actions.  We have poor people who are getting poorer and are going to end up on the street (if they aren't already) if something isn't done.  We have people in the middle that will eventually become either rich or poor---more will become poor.  Soon, we will not have a middle class because of the way the economy is.

I think that there has to be a way for the members of Congress, BOTH parties, to work together to fix the stuff that is broken in America.  I do not think it is too late, but I think that some of the people in power probably need to be removed so that progress can be made.

I heard a friend of mine say, "If pro is the opposite of con, is CONGRESS the opposite of PROGRESS?!"  In some cases, yes!  I think that could be true.  I don't think it about everything.  I am NOT anti-government.  I just think that our government needs some work.


I think that the only thing that is going to fix America is for America to get back to the principles on which it was built.....Christian values.  Whether we agree or disagree with each other about politics or whether we agree or disagree with the current leaders we have, we should still support them in prayer. 




On a different note....  the State of the Cookies is good! ;)  I picked up 70 cases (12 to a case) of Girl Scout cookies last night.  My assistant leader and I separated them.  They are ready for the girls to come pick up (from my garage) on Thursday.  Saturday we start our cookie booths.  I'm excited! :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

New Year's Survey