Superbowl XLVII---Feb. 3, 2013

WOW!  That was an amazing game.  For a minute there, I thought that the San Francisco 49ers were going to come back and beat the Baltimore Ravens

Here's the deal! 

I am a Washington Redskins fan!  I have always been.  I will always be.  Obviously I'm a fan if I still say it...even after some of the really bad years they have had. :) 

This year, the Redskins beat the Dallas Cowboys (my husband's favorite team) TWICE!  Once, to knock the Cowboys out of the playoffs.  It was AWESOME!

Needless to say, I didn't have a team in the Superbowl.  But, I had to pick one to pull for...right? :)

How did you pick the team you pulled for in the Superbowl? 

My husband stood by the NFC! 

I, on the other hand, chose my Superbowl team by a couple of players.  First, during the playoffs, I discovered a player I had never heard about--Ray Lewis.  He's a pretty fabulous guy.  (I did some reading up and checking on him.)  Next, something I didn't really see until LATE in the playoffs, Michael Oher plays for the Ravens.  Yes, I knew this.  I'm a HUGE fan of The Blind Side.  However, I didn't realize this until my MOM brought it to my attention. ;) 

Most of this season, my husband and I have been on opposite sides of the 50-yard line.  That was obvious tonight when I was screaming at the TV for the Ravens to tackle a 49er.  Or, when I couldn't contain my excitement when Jacoby Jones set a new Superbowl record for his 108-yard return. :) 

I picked my Superbowl team based on a couple of players on a team.  (The fact they have PURPLE in their uniforms didn't hurt either!) 

I just want to say, I kind of wish I was a betting person!  I could have cleaned up during this playoff season!  (Except for the game that took my Redskins out, I picked the winners of most of the games.)  I chose the two teams for the Superbowl.  I even chose the winner of the Superbowl. 


Now.... if I could only pick the winning numbers for the MegaMillions or PowerBall! :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

Saving Money

My Goodie Box!