Day 10 and other things

Today, I am repeating something I am thankful for. I probably should have waited on this one until either today or tomorrow to start with, but it’s OK to be extremely thankful for something…right?

 

Again today, for day 10, I am thankful to/for the men and women who put their lives on the line serving our country. They put their lives on hold and go to places that I can’t even pronounce the names of so that all of us can sleep in our beds peacefully at night. Today, as we remember the veterans of the United States Military at our churches and in ceremonies around the country, I hope we all take just a moment to stop and say a prayer for each of the people who is still out there fighting for the freedoms we love. They give up their families, give up their time, and in many cases lay down their lives for the love of our country.

 

If you haven’t already, stop to say THANK YOU to a veteran or soldier today. Do it every day, not JUST on Veterans’ Day!  They do not get the thanks, love, support, and respect they deserve. If it wasn’t for veterans doing the things that they do, we wouldn’t be able to have the freedoms that we still have in America!

 

 

Now…. in other news: I am working on invitations for Mom and Dad’s Anniversary Party. WE have them all made, except for like 20, I think. I have to make the insert because my parents have decided that instead of gifts, they want people to write letters to them telling how they are connected, a special memory, or a way that my parents have influenced their lives. I’ve got to print 200 of those.  Good thing I just replaced the ink in my printer! Smile  My parents are totally deserving of a huge celebration for their 40th anniversary, but I’m beginning to wonder if they are worth all the stress, trouble, and work. Smile  (They are, but not at 8am on a Sunday morning! LOL) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

I Keep Losing Days

Saving Money