Days of Thankfulness—Days 1-4

Every year, I see friends and family tell on a daily basis through the month of November what they are thankful for.  Every year, I say, “I’m going to do that!” 

 

So….this is the year I’m going to try. 

 

I’ll start it here, but I’ll have to copy and paste it to my Facebook page. I haven’t started it there yet.

 

Day 1: I am thankful that I have life. Although everything doesn’t always go the way I plan or wish that it would, I am still happy to be alive.

 

Day 2: I’m thankful for health. There are always things that could be better, but there are also people who are suffering. I’m thankful that God has blessed me with my health.

 

Day 3: I’m thankful that I still have my grandfather. Papaw Paul is getting older, and I know he won’t be here forever, but he is here now. I’m really happy that we still have him to be here, and that he is healthy enough to still live on his own and have fun with us as a family.

 

Day 4: I’m thankful for my parents. I still have both of them. They are still together. Through their almost 40 year marriage, they have taught us kids (and now their grandkids) what it is like to work through all the hard stuff. Their marriage hasn’t always been easy (no one’s has!).  But, by working through all the hard stuff, they taught us that marriage isn’t disposable; it’s a lifelong commitment.

 

Now, I’m going to copy and paste those. Smile 

 

 

What are you thankful for?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emotional Easter

I Keep Losing Days

Saving Money